Monday, November 12, 2012

Who are you?

Welcome Squaddies.
One interesting thing about this game is that you don't get to pick your own name. When you first set up your account you can pass on names you don't like, but we still have ended up with some pretty weird names.

The purpose of this site is to let you give purpose to those names. Here you can write the backstory of your squad, define your powers and skills, and tell how you came to be called "Irrational Ferret Clerk", or "Major Glowing Honeybadger" or whatever.

As an added incentive for anyone that posts their story here, I will create a unique image of your character using the heromachine character creator based on your story. Keep in mind, I'm no Winter Wraith, but I will do my best. Here's a quick one I did for myself:



Juggler Emperor




Here's a list of some things you might want to include to help get you started, but if you don't want to use them and just want to go freeform, by all means, do what you think will make the best story.

Squad name:
Origin story:
Powers/Skills:
Personality/temperment:
Teammates/sidekick:
Arch-nemesis:
Greatest victory:

Let's try and keep them PG, we do have minors on the team, but other than that be as creative as possible.
Just click on comments below to get started.

Here is my story, to get things started:

I am the Juggler Emperor, the last in a long line of heirs to the Juggler Empire, the greatest syndicate of thieves and assassins the world has ever known. The syndicate is so secret, though, that their existence is thought of only as myths and stories. I was born the only son of the greatest Juggler Emperor Barnum the 6th. I did not rely on my noble birth to get ahead, I worked my way up through the ranks. As we have done for centuries, we hide amongst the circus community, and the skills of the circus are the skills of the Empire. From trapeze and high wire, to trampoline, knife throwing, and of course juggling. A Juggler assassin is the master of all forms of juggling combat including the balls(modified as grenades or smoke bombs) the rings(razor sharp and lethal), the clubs and knives. I mastered them all and was getting a reputation for being the greatest juggler of my era. I went on many team missions for the family from simple thefts to political assassinations.

As my father aged, though, he tired of the killing, and was trying to legitimize the empire, modernize it. My uncle Ringling was deeply opposed, and thought the family should do as it has always done. This led my uncle to begin a coup within the family, gathering the most ruthless and loyal thieves and assassins to him in secret.

On my 18th birthday I was finally given my first solo assignment. A reporter in Seattle Named Sam Warden was publishing articles that had a little too much real information about the Empire. I was to find out the reporter's source, and kill them both. I discovered the reporter was actually a young woman, a single mother. I broke into her house and found her source, it was just a book of old myths about the Empire that she was updating and sensationalizing to sell papers. I vowed not to go through with my assignment, but as I was preparing to leave her home I was attacked by a troupe of Juggler Assassins. My uncle had begun his coup, and he needed me dead to take over the Empire. I had taken out all but one of my foes, but he had the drop and me and would have killed me if the the young reporter had not returned at that moment. She distracted him enough for me to defeat him.
I warned her about the stories she was writing and promised I would return to tell her more.
I hurried home only to find that my Uncle had poisoned my father, told lies about my being the source of Sam's articles, put a price on my head, and crowned himself Emperor. I was now a fugitive from my own family.

Now my only task is to stay alive, fight the kind of crime I used to commit, and plan for the day I can get revenge on my Uncle. Relying on Sam's investigative skills, we are discovering the empire's plans, and doing what we can to stop them. As long as I live I will work to thwart the efforts of the Empire until I can take my place as the rightful Juggler Emperor.

Now let's her your story, just click on comments, below.

No comments: