Thursday, November 8, 2012

The story of Indigo Platypus

Hello. I am Indigo Platypus. I am well known by those who know me, but those who know me don't REALLY know me. You see...I am the forgotten Power Ranger. The left over Ranger if you will. I'm one of the original 7 "teenagers with attitude" Zordon commissioned Alpha 5 to find to become his elite task force to take down Rita Repulsa and her minions. I know, I know...you're thinking, "Waitagoshdurn minute! SEVEN Rangers...I only remember 6...and one of them flip flopped colors like 3 yr old in a coloring book!" Hence...the "Forgotten Ranger."

While my companions all got cool prehistoric creatures to base their costumes and Zords off of, I was given the "mighty" platypus as my power coin for my Morpher. (I asked Zordon about this one time and he just told me, "Don't question things you do not comprehend. Besides you have more than just 'mad skill' you have a beaver tail and a bill!" To this day, I think that dude had some issues. "Teenagers with attitude?!" Really? But I digress...this is about me, not him.

In my opinion I had the coolest costume but was given the short end of the stick Zord wise. My costume features a silver duck bill and was, of course, indigo in color. That duck bill came in more handy than you can imagine...one time when a monster known as Sun Yak (I think it was related to Brain Yak somehow) blinded my team mates temporarily, I was able to duck my head and the bill kept me from the same fate. That jerk Tommy still always made fun of it though... As far as my Zord went, it was little more than a bluish 80's model Dodge Caravan with a duck bill and beaver tail bolted on to it.

I did get to join in the Megazord formation ONE time. When my Zord was attached, I formed part of the back. The tail stuck out behind and was useful during spinning attacks, which my fellow Rangers liked, however, the bill stuck out over the top of the head like a ball cap. That, combined with the side horns, made the Megazord look like he was wearing one of those soda hats all the time. This embarrassed Kimberly, so she said I couldn't form up the Megazord anymore.

Not long after we had defeated Rita and Lord Zedd, a tv production company came along and wanted to chronicle the adventures we had into a children's television show. They didn't see a place for a platypus themed Ranger, so they cut me out completely. They did, however, allow me twenty cent royalty for every episode that was made (of the original Rangers, no spinoffs).

So I guess you have the rest of the story. I have taken to wearing my costume full time now. It doesn't fit over my paunch very well, and my helmet is a little tight, but I stand here today as a reminder. A reminder of the forgotten SEVENTH Power Ranger. Now you know why I'm just a smidgeon bitter.

Indy out! *drops mike and walks away*

 
                          Indigo Platypus                           

No comments: